Tuesday, November 24, 2009

"Beastly" Movie Teaser Trailer

You probably already know about the book "Beastly" by Alex Flinn, which is a modern retelling of Beauty and the Beast, and that there's a movie coming to us in 2010. (SurLaLune posted on the movie announcement a while back HERE).

Today I have a not-so-new sneak-peek of behind-the-scenes of the film, shown by ET and, finally, the long-awaited trailer.First, the behind-the-scenes look, since that came out a while ago:


And now, the teaser (i.e. short) trailer:


Here's an excerpt from an article about transforming the handsome young actor into something more 'beastly':

Alex Pettyfer in prosthetics as the beast. The makeup includes 67 pieces, and 60 tattoos and individual scars in his whole body. It took 6 hours to apply the full makeup.

Alex Pettyfer once said in an interview that he only looks like his normal self in the film for a few minutes. For the rest of his time frame, he will be wearing a specially designed “grotesque” prop as the beast.Pettyfer’s appearance in the film mostly featured him with his beast prosthetics. As described in the novel, it was supposed to be “hairy” and “gross”, but the film makers did some slight revisions. Pettyfer was delighted with the revision and stated:

I was very happy to know I wasn’t going to be furry. Question is, were you happy I wasn’t furry? Well, I think the audience will be happy. This beast make-up is phenomenal. You’re talking to someone who is a fanatic about it [prosthetics and movie make-up] and I’ve never seen anything that looks remotely similar to this.

Pettyfer’s beast makeup was composed of 67 pieces. There are 7 pieces to be put on his head and other 60 tattoos and individual scars applied when he had the full body make up on. To put up the makeup, it took the artists 6 hours to finish. Pettyfer commented on his ‘transformation’:

It really affected me because as soon as I shaved my head it kind of put me in this weird place, the same place [Kyle is in after his transformation] which really helped me with the role a lot. But at the same time, it kind of is a challenge because you are fighting personally with your own problems off set, but then onset you have a great resource to go to.

You can read the rest of the article which has lots more about the film HERE.

I'm hearing good things about the book (it's in my to-read pile but I've yet to get to it) and hope the film will prove to be as well liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment