Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Moon Meets Beauty & the Beast

I just saw this, though it appeared in early October, and had to share. It's a very well edited mock-trailer by a talented guy named Kenneth Campbell, who used the sound and voices from the second Twilight film trailers for "New Moon" and edited scenes from Disney's "Beauty & the Beast" to fit. While it shows how there are similarities between the two films*, it also shows how reordering scenes can greatly change a story (the power of editing - both in writing and in the film editor's room!)

Enjoy!


*Please note, I'm not saying the Twilight series is like Beauty and the Beast, nor am I saying the Twilight series is a fairy tale. I haven't been able to read beyond a few chapters of the first book myself (sorry Twilight fans!) so can't properly comment. I just enjoyed the mash-up so thought a few of you might too. :)

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! Wow, even the dialogue and voices from New Moon sound lame, but that is a brilliantly edited change of Beauty And The Beast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is wonderful. Happy New Year, by the way.

    ReplyDelete