Saturday, August 3, 2013

Ask Baba Yaga: Most Days I Feel Like I'm Choking on Ambivalence

Once Upon a Time Baba Yaga by Angela De Reis
If there's anyone who understands terror in all its forms, it's Baba Yaga. I have a feeling she bottles extra doses to have handy for boiling her vittles. You'll see what I mean...

This week's question and answer (via poet and oracle Taisia Kitaiskaia* of The Hairpin):
(Originally posted at The Hairpin HERE)
My favorite responses to date:
  • All I want in life is a strange One to walk beside me. (JanieS)
  • That's how soothsaying should work: maybe that handsome stranger is the herp. (adorable-eggplant)
  • This has strains of Twin Peaks running through it, which scares me. (Anne Wachtel@Twitter)
  • All I can think about is my diva cup spilling and i shudder. (ificouldiwould)
  • Taisia Kitaiskaia, you and Baba Yaga are the living end. So deliciously weird yet on-point! (stonefruit)
I completely agree with stonefruit, delicious, yes, except... is it weird I don't think they're weird??
"..with all the mights of yr skull full of shining through the forrest.;" I guess that's one way to say "into the woods with you already!" If a cup of near-boiling glee and a skull full of shining is what I really have in my basket (!), I think I'd better get on with that walk.

What do you think of Baba Yaga's advice?

Want to ask Baba Yaga a question of your own?
You can!
There's now an email address where you can send your questions
directly to Baba Yaga herself.
AskBabaYaga AT gmail DOT com
To encourage Baba Yaga to continue imparting her no-bones-about-it wisdom (ok, there may be some gristle in there... bones too), I suggest we not to leave her box empty... 

Thank you Baba Yaga (& Taisia).


Taisia Kitaiskaia is a poet, writer, and Michener Center for Writers fellow. Born in Russia and raised in America, she's had her poems and translations published in Narrative Magazine, Poetry International, and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment