Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mothers' Day!


Thumbelina and her mother by N. C. Wyeth






I found out today that a friend of mine who has been praying and wishing for a child for about fifteen years, has finally had her dreams come true on Mothers' Day. 

I couldn't be happier that the empty arms of a childless mother, and those of a motherless child, have finally been filled with each other's embrace, their hearts full to over-flowing with a real and lasting case of love at first sight. 

There is more magic in this phrase than we could ever truly realize: 
Happy Mothers' Day.


Congratulations P&S! xx


1 comment:

  1. Now that brings a huge smile to my heart. Congrats! I knew two women in their 40s who despaired of ever having kids; to each one, I told the story of how my mom had me when she was in her mid-40s, and within a year, each had a little one of her own. What could be more magical than motherhood? It is a strong and ancient force, seemingly deaf to our calls for it, but when it calls us we must go.

    ReplyDelete